Wednesday, 22 January 2014

A Suitable Lifestyle

 

"Ignoring your passion is slow suicide. Never ignore what your heart pumps for. Mold your career around your lifestyle, not your lifestyle around your career."
 
Whilst I will admit blogging hasn't been on my list of top priorities as of late, after reading this quote I felt inspired to write a blog post.

Fashion is my true love and number one passion. I don't have a million followers on my blog and my posts are pretty much like every other one out there. But at the end of the day I love it. It keeps me sane in my crazy new world and I do it for me.
 
By day I am a passionate electrical student and by night and weekend I am an enthusiastic fashion lover and supporter. Often times when I get home and take off my Carhartts, I curl my hair, put on lipstick and drape myself in pearls. I absolutely love my career choice and feel like I really followed my heart on this one. However, that doesn't mean I need to abandon the real me, the fashion lover.
  
I've also come to the conclusion that my blog does not have to be all about clothes and how I style my wardrobe. It is about MY passions and lifestyle.
  
I'll be in honest in that I was pretty miserable in the legal world and that gave me great motivation for change. Although change is scary, it can be more rewarding than you'll ever know.
 
Xo,
 
Courtney - the Chanel loving electrician.


 





2 comments:

  1. That's great Courtney! I love the juxtaposition of the career and the fashion. You go girl!

    Wanda
    www.lifebyheart.wandasthilaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany Pullano20 March 2014 at 12:53

    Court - seriously this is an inspiration. Thank you for being you and being so incredibly honest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments and love